Admin

Glashan History/In the Media

Glashan History

In 1888 a one-room school was opened on the Glashan site. It had one teacher and 99 students. Growth was so rapid that in 1892 Moses Edey, the architect of several historic Ottawa buildings, was commissioned to design a replacement school which, by 1931, grew to a three-story, multi-room facility. The school’s name was changed in 1905 to Glashan Public School, honoring the inspector who supervised the board from 1876 to 1910. In 1979 a new Glashan school was built on the site. Glashan has long enjoyed a reputation as an inclusive, cooperative, nurturing learning community.

Glashan in the Media

Glashan staff and students get frequent recognition in the media for their outstanding achievements, in academics, in the arts, and in athletics. Click here to see more details.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.